Main reasons for implementing MedHx at their organization:
- To improve accuracy and completeness of the home/prior-to-admission medication list
Before implementing MedHx it typically took 15-29 minutes to collect, verify, and document a patient’s medication history.
“MedHx gives us a place to start when a patient knows nothing about their medications.”
Satisfaction with the implementation of MedHx at their facility:
- Knowledge and performance of the implementation team: extremely satisfied
- Implementation team’s understanding of their clinical workflow needs: very satisfied
- Process to benchmark satisfaction and identify key performance indicators prior to go live: very satisfied
- Implementation team’s availability to answer questions and ability to solve problems in a timely manner: extremely satisfied
- Implementation team’s ability to support the go-live in a time frame that best met your organizations needs: extremely satisfied
The value of MedHx to each of the different user roles at their hospital:
- Pharmacy: extremely valuable
- Nursing: valuable
- Doctors: very valuable
- Informatics: valuable
- Clinical leadership: very valuable
After implementing MedHx with SmartSig, they are able to receive 25-50% more patient medication history.
After implementing MedHx it typically takes less than 15 minutes to collect, verify, and document a patient’s medication history.