The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager:
- Problems experienced prior to using SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager (NCM):
- Wanted a faster and easier way to do compliance audits
- Needed to know when devices approached end-of-support and end-of-life
The key feature and functionality of SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager that the surveyed company uses:
- Company manages up to 500 devices.
The surveyed company achieved the following results with SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager:
- Primary reasons for using NCM:
- Network automation to eliminate errors and add speed and consistency to all configuration changes
- Configuration auditing to more easily and quickly perform policy compliance audits
- Configuration backup and restore to provide operational continuity
- Device end-of-life to determine and plan around device end-of-support and end-of-life
- Primary benefits from using NCM:
- Monitors configuration changes and fix configuration problems faster
- Makes the network devices (and the network) more secure
- Plans and executes hardware replacement upgrades more efficiently
- Is up to 50% more efficient at managing and implementing reliable network changes since deploying NCM.
- Is up to 50% faster at detecting and or fixing network configuration problems since using NCM.
- Strongly agrees that they achieve far superior security and network reliability when they use network automation alongside their network monitoring solution.