The business challenges that led the profiled organization to evaluate and ultimately select SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager:
- Faces the most significant challenges that are associated with:
- The complexity of managing many different device types
- Lack of budget and resources
- Spent up to 5 person hours managing configuration related activities.
The key features and functionalities of SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager that the surveyed organization uses:
- Manages 100 to 200 network devices.
- Regularly performs the following network configuration management tasks:
- Does device discovery and inventory
- Manages administrative device access and permissions
- Builds and/or deploy configuration changes
- Monitors configurations for change
- Manages configuration backups
- Troubleshooting and/or correct configuration errors
- Audits configuration compliance
- Identifies firmware vulnerabilities and/or upgrade device firmware
The surveyed organization achieved the following results with SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager:
- Uses NCM to help in the following ways:
- Document network environment
- Improve device administrative access and control
- Saves up to 5 person hours when using NCM for managing network configuration and compliance related activities.