Before implementing Qlik, University of Virginia had difficulties connecting multiple and disparate data sources to see the whole story in their data. They lacked a way to easily analyze data and found it difficult to use their existing BI solution to support data analysis needs.
The main reasons University of Virginia picked Qlik were:
- It lets them associate data from multiple sources so they can see the whole story within their data
- It’s easy to use and lets them quickly drill down to the underlying data
- They can create intuitive and smart visualizations to represent their data
Before choosing Qlik, they also considered BI tools from MicroStrategy and Oracle.
Qlik is deployed in multiple departments.
One University of Virginia employee say that Qlik has made them more valuable to the organization and rate the importance of Qlik’s product qualities as follows:
- Associative model: extremely important
- Smart visualizations: extremely important
- Governance capability: very important
- Speed and ease of use: extremely important
- Mobility: very important
The main benefits they have seen from implementing Qlik include faster and more confident decision-making, more cross-departmental use of data, and employees finding new ways to approach business issues.
University of Virginia estimates that they have Improved their decision-making agility by > 75% with Qlik.