Toshiba America suffered a lot of data-related challenges before implementing Qlik.
They had difficulty connecting multiple and disparate data sources to see the whole story in their data. Their data was of poor quality, inaccurate, and sometimes unreliable and it was difficult to access data due to departmental silos and insufficiently broad security privileges. Their existing BI solution was also difficult to use in order to support data analysis needs.
The main reasons Toshiba America picked Qlik were:
- It lets them associate data from multiple sources so they can see the whole story within their data
- It’s easy to use and lets them quickly drill down to the underlying data
- They can create intuitive and smart visualizations to represent their data
- Its robust governance capabilities let them determine who can access what and what they can do with it
Before choosing Qlik, Toshiba America also considered BI tools from Birst, Domo, Microsoft, Oracle, Salesforce Wave, and Tableau.
Qlik is deployed in multiple departments.
Toshiba America employee say they can’t do their job without Qlik. They use their apps everyday to make better decisions and hone their skills, which has made them more valuable to the company.
They rate the importance of Qlik’s product features as follows:
- Associative model: extremely important
- Smart visualizations: extremely important
- Governance capability: extremely important
- Speed and ease of use: extremely important
- Mobility: very important
The main benefits Toshiba America has seen from implementing Qlik include faster and more confident decision-making, cost reduction, improved financial performance, reduced risk, and more cross-departmental use of data. They’ve also seen that Qlik enables employees to find new ways to approach business issues.
Toshiba America estimates that they have improved their decision-making agility by 50% – 74% with Qlik.