The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence:
- Faced the following challenges in their inspection process before partnering with Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence:
- Ensuring that dimensional stability requirements and quality specifications were met
- Comparing CAD models to as-built assemblies
- Aligning parts for assembly
- Evaluated the following vendors before choosing the Leica Tracker:
The key features and functionalities of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence that the surveyed company uses:
- Agrees that the Leica Tracker was their first choice when choosing a portable laser tracker solution.
The surveyed company achieved the following results with Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence:
- Chose a Leica Absolute Tracker for the following reasons:
- Ease of use
- Superior training and support
- Great value
- Probing and/or scanning abilities
- Agrees that it was very easy to learn how to use the Leica Tracker as compared to similar products.
- Leica Tracker features that enabled a reduction in the amount of time dedicated to inspection tasks:
- Six degrees of freedom (6DoF) probing capabilities
- Speed and scanning volume of the Leica T-Scan
- PowerLock functionality for quick measurements after interruption of the line of sight
- Flexible (Reflector, Probe, Scanner) solution that can be used in a wide variety of inspection applications
- Increased productivity at their facility by 40% or more after using their Leica Tracker.
- Saw a return on their investment in 12-24 months after using their Leica Tracker.