After comparing with other solutions (including CarlX, Horizon, Symphony, and Evergreen), the library team decided to go with Polaris.
The key challenges they chose Polaris to help address included:
- Reducing time spent managing print and electronic resources
- Reducing time spent on reporting and analysis
- Reducing time spent integrating with, and maintaining, third-party applications
The organization purchased Polaris specifically because of the following features:
- Breadth and depth of ILS functionality
- Streamlined workflow and overall system efficiency
- Web-based mobility
Other factors in their decision to purchase the Polaris Web Application (LEAP) product included web-based mobility, responsive design, intuitive interface, and the ease of training.
After switching to Polaris, the team rates it as better than the competition when it comes to overall functionality, performance, web-based mobility for staff, and responsive discovery. They would also rate Innovative as better than the competition when it comes to technical and customer support and ongoing services and training.
Overall, they’re likely to purchase Innovative products again and note that the LEAP web-based interface is an excellent customer service tool.