The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select Couchbase:
- Experienced the following challenges prior to implementing Couchbase:
- Poor database management
- Having an expensive solution
- Long development cycles due to inefficiencies
- Evaluated the following vendors before choosing Couchbase:
The key features and functionalities of Couchbase that the surveyed company uses:
- Values the following Couchbase features compared to other solutions they have used:
- Memory-first architecture
- Is storing 50 – 500 million documents in Couchbase.
- Is storing 200 GB – 1 TB of data in Couchbase.
- Is running more than 10M requests/operations per second in Couchbase.
- Describes their Couchbase deployment:
- Clusters: up to 10
- Nodes: up to 10
The surveyed company achieved the following results with Couchbase:
- Saw returned value within 6-9 months after implementing Couchbase.
- Rates the following improvements since working with Couchbase:
- Lowered total cost of ownership: 25-49%
- Increased query performance: 100%+
- Increased operational efficiency: 100%+
- Accelerated development cycles: 100%+
- Accelerated response times: 100%+
- Experienced a more efficient help desk: 25-49%
- Experienced more efficient database management: 50-74%
- Improved application uptime & availability: 50-74%
- Values their Couchbase application/deployment at up to 100 million.