Once they decided to switch from their previous system (Evergreen), the Texas A&M team started evaluating other solutions. After looking at Alma and WMS, they chose Sierra over both.
*The key challenges they were facing that made them choose Sierra specifically were: *
- Improving the discoverability of their collection
- Improving their patron experience
- Reducing the time spent managing print resources
- Reducing the time spent managing electronic resources
- Reducing the time spent on reporting and analysis
Their primary reasons for choosing an Innovative product were the technical quality of current Innovative products, along with the quality of Innovative services, training, and support.
Texas A&M went with Sierra specifically because of the following features:
- Breadth and depth of ILS functionality
- Workflow and overall system efficiency
- Shared record keeping and collaborative collection management
- Rich cataloging data
- Strong and flexible reporting & statistics
Overall, they would rate Sierra as better than the competition when it comes to overall functionality, performance, customization, APIs & integrations, and reporting & statistics. Additionally, they also rated Innovative’s implementation services as best in class.
After switching to Sierra, the Texas A&M team reports that they’ve received great value for their money spent and would be very likely to purchase Innovative products again.
They also agreed with the following statements:
- Solutions from Innovative save libraries time and money
- Innovative is a trusted leader in Library Services
- Sierra is a leading Library Services Platform