Sponsored by SurveyMonkey ("Sponsor").
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Entry deadline is February 29, 2020. The TechValidate Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins on February 1, 2020 at 12:00AM GMT and ends on February 29, 2020 at 11:59PM GMT (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Period").
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the U.S., excluding Puerto Rico and Rhode Island, eighteen (18) or older, as of the date of entry, who have an active e-mail account and Internet access as of the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period and who have received an email from Sponsor containing an invitation to participate in a survey about one or more Sponsor customers. Employees of Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to Sponsor through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Sweepstakes Period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules & Regulations ("Official Rules"). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. To Enter: You may enter the Sweepstakes in one of two ways:
(a) To enter online, access the link to the survey that is included in the email you received from Sponsor (the "Survey"). Complete the Survey and follow the directions accompanying the Survey to submit your Survey responses to Sponsor. Each entrant who completes the Survey and submits his or her Survey responses to Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes drawing.
(b) To enter by mail without obligation, hand write your name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address on a 3"x5" card and mail to: The TechValidate Sweepstakes, 1 Curiosity Way, San Mateo, CA 94403. Mail-in entries must be (i) postmarked by the end of the Sweepstakes Period and (ii) received within seven (7) days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
Entrants who have submitted the Survey by the end of the Sweepstakes Period or who have mailed an entry postmarked by midnight Pacific Standard Time by the end of the Sweepstakes Period and that is received within seven (7) days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period will be entered into the Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per person, regardless of entry method.
3. Prize Drawing: All Sweepstakes entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be entered into the prize drawing, to be held on or around February 29, 2020 at the Sponsor offices, 1 Curiosity Way, San Mateo, CA 94403. The drawing will be conducted either by independent persons or a computer program that randomly chooses the winner, from all eligible entries received and the random selection is final and binding. The winner will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received.
Winners will be notified by e-mail within seven (7) days of the prize drawing.
4. Prizes and Odds: The prize to be awarded from the Sweepstakes is as follows:
One (1) check in the amount of $500 or one (1) gift certificate in the amount of $500 will be awarded for the Sweepstakes drawing, with a retail value of $500 (U.S.) per winner.
The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to prizes.
Total value of the prize to be awarded: $500 (U.S.).
5. Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified by e-mail within five (5) business days of the prize drawing, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatically generated entries will be accepted.
6. General Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes is offered by Sponsor, 1 Curiosity Way, San Mateo, CA 94403, which is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
By entering the Sweepstakes, you further agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Sweepstakes, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions in all respects relative to the Sweepstakes are final.
In no event will Sponsor be liable to you for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with your participation in the SWEEPSTAKES, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not Sponsor HAS been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
7. Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes and/or winning any prize, entrant consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to entrant (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters and Sponsor’s homepage at https://www.techvalidate.com, without additional compensation. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prizes.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Sweepstakes are compromised, without liability to the entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. The Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. As stated above, the Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you acknowledge that you have read these Official Rules and agree to abide by them and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, excluding rules governing choice of laws.
LAWSUITS: Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern District of California or the state courts located in Alameda County, California.
8. Winner’s List, Official Rules: For a list of prize winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to TechValidate Sweepstakes, TechValidate by SurveyMonkey, 1 Curiosity Way, San Mateo, CA 94403 or (for Winner’s list only) send an email message to email@example.com with "Winner’s list" as the email subject and sweepstakes name specified in the body of the e-mail.
9. Sponsor’s Address: 1 Curiosity Way, San Mateo, CA 94403