The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select Venafi:
- Managed their keys and certificates with manual tracking and management (e.g. spreadsheet, database) prior to Venafi.
- On average, had 1-5 unplanned certificate-related outages a year before using Venafi.
- Up to 25% of outages that were certificate-related affected their business-critical infrastructure.
- Experienced, on average, between 1-4 hours downtime per certificate-related outage.
The key features and functionalities of Venafi that the surveyed company uses:
- Currently uses 10,001 – 20,000 certificates (internal and external).
- Expects to see a 51 – 100% growth in the use of certificates in the coming 12 months.
The surveyed company achieved the following results with Venafi:
- Found 300 additional SSL/TLS keys and certificates using Venafi that were previously unknown.
- System administrator can get a new or renewed certificate in 1 hour or less since deploying Venafi.
- Top Venafi benefits that have helped the organization prevent and remediate certificate-related outages:
- Continuous detection and monitoring of certificates
- Centralized repository and management of certificates
- Self-service capabilities for system administrators
- Automated certificate lifecycle management
- Policy enforcement (including certificate expiration periods, CA usage, group ownership, etc.)
- Workflow integration for accountability
- Notifications and escalations of impending certificate expirations