The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager:
- Problems experienced prior to using SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager (NCM):
- Experienced configuration changes took too much time and/or were error prone
- Wanted a faster and easier way to do compliance audits
- Needed a better way to backup and restore configuration files
The key feature and functionality of SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager that the surveyed company uses:
- Company manages up to 500 devices.
The surveyed company achieved the following results with SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager:
- Primary reasons for using NCM:
- Network automation to eliminate errors and add speed and consistency to all configuration changes
- Configuration auditing to more easily and quickly perform policy compliance audits
- Configuration backup and restore to provide operational continuity
- Primary benefits from using NCM:
- Saves time making configuration changes
- Makes fewer errors when making standardized configuration changes
- Monitors configuration changes and fix configuration problems faster
- Spends less time and effort demonstrating policy compliance
- Makes the network devices (and the network) more secure
- Saves up to 25 hours each month managing network configurations by using NCM.
- Is up to 100% more efficient at managing and implementing reliable network changes since deploying NCM.
- Is up to 75% faster at detecting and or fixing network configuration problems since using NCM.
- Strongly agrees that they achieve far superior security and network reliability when they use network automation alongside their network monitoring solution.