The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure:
- Purchased SimpliVity as a result of a mandate / desire to implement DR and/or improve backup / recovery.
- Prior to deploying SimpliVity, they found the management of multiple solutions and vendors to be manageable, but not ideal.
The key features and functionalities of SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure that the surveyed company uses:
- Uses SimpliVity Omnicube in the following ways:
- Infrastructure modernization / technology refresh
- Remote / Branch Office (ROBO)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Production applications
- Runs the following types of applications on SimpliVity:
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Industry-specific application (e.g., 911 system, healthcare application, legal case management, CAD/CAM, etc.)
The surveyed company achieved the following results with SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure:
- Improved performance by 25% to 50% with SimpliVity.
- Realized a capacity savings of 50:1 to 100:1 with SimpliVity.
- Deployed new workloads, including allocating compute and storage resources, and configuring data protection policies, in the following amount of time:
- After SimpliVity: up to 1 day
- Before SimpliVity: 1 week -1 month
- Realized value in 1 week after the deployment of SimpliVity.
- Ranks the value of the following SimpliVity features:
- Global federated management: valuable
- Hyperconverged appliance: extremely valuable
- VM-centric management via vCenter: highly valuable
- Inline dedupe, compression: extremely valuable
- Integrated data protection: extremely valuable