The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure:
- Purchased SimpliVity as a result of the centralization of management for remote/branch office infrastructure.
- Prior to deploying SimpliVity, they found the management of multiple solutions and vendors to be a non-issue.
The key features and functionalities of SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure that the surveyed company uses:
- Uses SimpliVity in the following ways:
- Infrastructure modernization / technology refresh
- Remote / Branch Office (ROBO)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Production applications
- Test/dev and QA
- Runs the following types of applications on SimpliVity:
- Telco specific applications
The surveyed company achieved the following results with SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure:
- Improved performance by 25% to 50% with SimpliVity.
- Realized a capacity savings of 50:1 to 100:1 with SimpliVity.
- Deployed new workloads, including allocating compute and storage resources, and configuring data protection policies, in the following amount of time:
- after SimpliVity: 1 day – 1 week
- before SimpliVity: 1 week -1 month
- Realized value in 1 to 3 months after the deployment of SimpliVity.
- Ranks the value of the following SimpliVity features:
- global federated management: highly valuable
- hyperconverged appliance: extremely valuable
- VM-centric management via vCenter: extremely valuable
- inline dedupe, compression: extremely valuable
- integrated data protection: valuable