The business challenges that led Oracle NetSuite to evaluate and ultimately select Secure Code Warrior®:
- Existing training was not interactive, contextual, or engaging for the development teams
- There was no way to effectively assess and benchmark a developer’s secure coding knowledge
- The struggle to identify and target skills/knowledge gaps in our team and build a program to address them
- Prior to using Secure Code Warrior®, NetSuite was using internal employee training to educate its employees on secure coding. According to feedback from developers it was found that existing training was not interactive, contextual or engaging. It was also difficulty to assess a developers skill level and identify gaps in developer knowledge and skill.
The Oracle NetSuite achieved the following results with Secure Code Warrior® Learning Platform:
- An increase in time spent by developers in training and eagerness to learn about secure coding
- Tournaments increase awareness
- Provides better education outcomes for my developers with a range of learning options and experiences
- Since implementing Secure Code Warrior, said they have accomplished the following:
- Been able to effectively benchmark developer’s secure coding knowledge
- The team is releasing code at about the same speed, but with fewer vulnerabilities and rework due to better quality code, with fewer recurring vulnerabilities.
- Reduced/eliminated between 1% – 10% of common code vulnerabilities that were present in our code.