The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select Secure Code Warrior®:
- Existing training was not interactive, contextual, or engaging
- Existing training lacked relevance to everyday tasks their developers had to do
- The struggle to identify and target skills/knowledge gaps in our team and build a program to address them
- Difficulty to get everyone in the business onboard and engaged about Application Security and organization-wide awareness was poor
*Prior to using Secure Code Warrior, the organization was using generic computer-based training solutions e.g Udemy, Pluralsight, LinkedIn Learning to train its employees on secure coding. Feedback from developers revealed that this form of training was not interactive, not contextual, or unengaging. It also lacked relevance to everyday tasks their developers had to do. Team managers found it difficult to identify and target gaps in developer skills and knowledge. The organization also found it a challenge to engage the rest of the company and improve organization-wide awareness regarding secure coding and application security.
The surveyed company achieved the following results with Secure Code Warrior®:
- A cyber first organization that cares deeply about security
- Better quality code
- Fewer recurring vulnerabilities
- An increase in time spent by developers in training and eagerness to learn about secure coding
- Provides better education outcomes for my developers with a range of learning options and experiences
- Since implementing Secure Code Warrior, said they have accomplished the following:
- Been able to effectively benchmark developer’s secure coding knowledge
- Targeted skills/knowledge gaps in their team and build a program to address them
- Said their team is releasing code at about the same speed, but with fewer vulnerabilities and rework due to better quality code, with fewer recurring vulnerabilities.