Scopus use & feedback
The key features and functionalities of Scopus that the surveyed company uses:
- Said they use the Scopus Weekly.
- Rated the following aspects of Scopus:
- intuitive user interface: best in class
- overall content quality: best in class
- content coverage for journals, books and conferences: best in class
- depth of content coverage in my specific discipline: best in class
- search results analysis capability: best in class
- Rated how well Scopus supports the following:
- finding researchers or opinion leaders for collaboration: excellently
- finding researchers or opinion leaders for potential hires: excellently
- tracking research trends over time: Very well
- scouting for the latest developments: Very well
- analyzing the market and competitor output: Good
- Said if they were to no longer have access to Scopus, they don’t believe they’d be able to find equavalent information.
- Said compared to tools they’ve used, their favorite aspects of Scopus are the following:
- Results help me get a broader view of my field
- Time saved getting to the answer they need
- Trusted, reliable content
- Smart tools to analyze and visualized results
- Easy to use interface
- RSS feeds and news alert…but will have to figure out how to replace with API.
Impact & outcomes
The surveyed company achieved the following results with Scopus:
- Said Scopus has done the following:
- Saved their team time and money when searching & discovering innovations
- Accelerated their company’s product pipeline development
- Helped them identify an author / expert that led to a succesful partnership or advanced discovery and development
- Led to a significant discovery which helped inform R&D strategy & planning
- User anecdote sharing a situation, problem or project, where they benefited from Scopus:
**FDA wanted to review our old, pre-1976 product and how it was marketed and grandfathered as medical device without 510K. Scopus allowed for search of article publications and literature based on product name. This enable a literature review summary which showed FDA how product was marketed and used. FDA accepted literature review summary.