Scopus use & feedback
The key features and functionalities of Scopus that the surveyed company uses:
- Said they use the Scopus Daily.
- Rated the following aspects of Scopus:
- intuitive user interface: good
- overall content quality: good
- content coverage for journals, books and conferences: needs improvement
- depth of content coverage in my specific discipline: good
- search results analysis capability: good
- Rated how well Scopus supports the following:
- finding researchers or opinion leaders for collaboration: Good
- finding researchers or opinion leaders for potential hires: Good
- tracking research trends over time: Very well
- scouting for the latest developments: Very well
- analyzing the market and competitor output: Very well
- Said if they were to no longer have access to Scopus, they estimate spending more than 50% more time to collect equavalent information.
Impact & Outcomes
The surveyed company achieved the following results with Scopus:
- Said Scopus has done the following:
- Provided information that led to a competitive advantage
- Accelerated their company’s product pipeline development
- Helped them identify an author / expert that led to a succesful partnership or advanced discovery and development
- User anecdote sharing a situation, problem or project, where they benefited from Scopus:
**This happens daily. Mainly citations analysis leading to competitive advantages or identifying editors which are suitable to serve on our boards.