The business challenges that led the profiled organization to evaluate and ultimately select HC3:
- Solved the following operational challenges after deploying HC3:
- Reduced time spent managing Infrastructure
- Improved availability of critical workloads
- Improved disaster recovery
- Solved single vendor support of Infrastructure
- Reduced IT operating costs
- Purchased their HC3 system for the following reasons:
- For Infrastructure Refresh (replacing aging hardware)
- For Hypervisor Licensing Renewal
- To support business growth expectations or new business initiatives
- To reduce operational costs
The key features and functionalities of HC3 that the surveyed organization uses:
- Purchased HC3 over the following vendors:
- Hypervisor – VMware
- Has 2 IT personnel responsible for infrastructure.
- Runs 50-74 Virtual Machines on HC3.
The surveyed organization achieved the following results with HC3:
- Rated the following HC3 capabilities in terms of how they differentiated from the competition:
- Single vendor support: Not differentiated
- Scalability: Differentiated
- Reliability: Not differentiated
- Ease of implementation: Very differentiated
- Ease of use: Extremely differentiated
- Sees the following as the biggest benefits of Scale Computing HC3:
- Ease of use
- Ease and speed of implementation
- High availability of Virtual Machines
- Single vendor support
- Decreased the time spent recovering from a hardware failure running a critical workload from 8-24 hours to less than 10 minutes (97-99% reduction in recovery time) with the high availability built into HC3.
- Reduced the time their IT staff spends managing infrastructure by > 75% after deploying HC3.