The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select HC3:
- Realized the following operational challenges by deploying HC3:
- Reduced time spent managing Infrastructure
- Improved availability of critical workloads
- Improved scalability of Infrastructure
- Improved disaster recovery
- Solved single vendor support of Infrastructure
- Purchased their HC3 system for the following reason:
- For Infrastructure Refresh (replacing aging hardware)
The key features and functionalities of HC3 that the surveyed company uses:
- Purchased HC3 over the following vendors:
- Hypervisor – VMware
- Hypervisor – Microsoft Hyper-V
- Dell Servers / SAN
- Has 2 IT personnel responsible for infrastructure.
- Runs 10-24 Virtual Machines on HC3.
The surveyed company achieved the following results with HC3:
- Rated the following HC3 capabilities in terms of how differentiated they from the competition:
- Single vendor support: extremely differentiated
- Scalability: differentiated
- Reliability: extremely differentiated
- Ease of implementation: extremely differentiated
- Ease of use: extremely differentiated
- Sees the following as the biggest benefits of Scale Computing HC3:
- Ease of use
- Ease and speed of implementation
- High availability of Virtual Machines
- Single vendor support
- Decreased the time spent recovering from a hardware failure running a critical workload from over 1 week to less than 10 minutes (99.9% reduction in recovery time) with the high availability built into HC3.
- Reduced the time their IT staff spends managing infrastructure by 10-24% after deploying HC3.