The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select HC3:
Solved the following operational challenges after deploying HC3:
- Enabled virtualization without complexity
- Reduced time spent managing Infrastructure
- Improved disaster recovery
- Solved single vendor support of Infrastructure
- Reduced IT operating costs
Purchased their HC3 system for the following reasons:
- To execute an infrastructure refresh (replacing aging hardware)
- To meet increasing RPO and RTO SLAs
- To reduce operational costs
Purchased HC3 over the following vendors:
- Hypervisor – VMware
- Hypervisor – Microsoft Hyper-V
- VMware VSAN
- Has 3 IT personnel responsible for infrastructure.
- Runs 25-49 Virtual Machines on HC3.
The surveyed company achieved the following results with HC3:
Rated the following HC3 capabilities in terms of how they differentiated from the competition:
- single vendor support: extremely differentiated
- scalability: extremely differentiated
- reliability: extremely differentiated
- ease of implementation: extremely differentiated
- ease of use: extremely differentiated
Sees the following as the biggest benefits of Scale Computing HC3:
- Ease of use
- Ease and speed of implementation
- High availability of Virtual Machines
Decreased the time spent recovering from a hardware failure running a critical workload from 8-24 hours to less than 10 minutes (97-99% reduction in recovery time) with the high availability built into HC3.
Reduced the time their IT staff spends managing infrastructure by > 75% after deploying HC3.