The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select HC3:
- Solved the following operational challenges after deploying HC3:
- Improved availability of critical workloads
- Improved scalability of Infrastructure
- Improved disaster recovery
- Purchased their HC3 system for the following reasons:
- For Infrastructure Refresh (replacing aging hardware)
- For Hypervisor Licensing Renewal
- To support higher uptime SLAs for critical workloads
- To meet increasing RPO and RTO SLAs
- Purchased HC3 over the following vendors:
- Hypervisor – VMware
- VMware VSAN
- Has 3 IT personnel responsible for infrastructure.
- Runs 10-24 Virtual Machines on HC3.
The surveyed company achieved the following results with HC3:
- Rated the following HC3 capabilities in terms of how they differentiated from the competition:
- Single vendor support: Differentiated
- Scalability: Differentiated
- Reliability: Differentiated
- Ease of implementation: Differentiated
- Ease of use: Differentiated
- Sees the following as the biggest benefits of Scale Computing HC3:
- Ease of use
- High availability of Virtual Machines
- Single vendor support
- Decreased the time spent recovering from a hardware failure running a critical workload from 1-8 hours to less than 10 minutes (83-97% reduction in recovery time) with the high availability built into HC3.
- Reduced the time their IT staff spends managing infrastructure by 25-49% after deploying HC3.