Before implementing Qlik, Symantec had difficulty connecting multiple and disparate data sources to see the whole story in their data. Their data was of poor quality, inaccurate, and sometimes unreliable and departmental silos and insufficiently broad security privileges made it difficult to access. Additionally, their existing BI solution was unable to support their data analysis needs.
There are several reasons why Symantec chose Qlik:
- It lets them associate data from multiple sources so they can see the whole story within their data
- It’s easy to use and lets them quickly drill down to the underlying data
- They can create intuitive and smart visualizations to represent their data
- Its responsive design adapts to any device and how they use it to explore data
Before deciding on Qlik, Symantec also considered solutions from Domo and Tableau.
Qlik is deployed in multiple departments.
Symantec employees say they use their apps every day to make better decisions. Using Qlik, they have honed their skills and become more valuable to the company.
When evaluating Qlik, Syamntec rated Qlik’s product attributes as follows:
- Associative model: extremely important
- Smart visualizations: very important
- Speed and ease of use: extremely important
- Mobility: very important
Symantec estimates that they have improved their decision-making agility by 25% – 49% with Qlik. They’ve also seen faster and more confident decision-making and more cross-departmental use of data. Using Qlik, employees are finding new ways to approach business issues.