Before implementing Qlik, Vancouver Fire & Rescue Service had difficulties connecting multiple and disparate data sources to see the whole story in their data. They had too much data and lacked a way to make sense of it.
They picked Qlik for the following reasons:
- It lets them associate data from multiple sources so they can see the whole story within their data
- It’s easy to use and lets them quickly drill down to the underlying data
- They can create intuitive and smart visualizations to represent their data
- Its responsive design adapts to any device and how they use it to explore data
- Its robust governance capabilities let them determine who can access what and what they can do with it
Before choosing Qlik, Vancouver Fire & Rescue Service also considered BI tools from SAP.
Qlik is deployed across multiple departments.
Employees say that using Qlik has made them more important to the organization.
They rate the importance of Qlik’s product qualities as follows:
- Associative model: extremely important
- Smart visualizations: important
- Governance capability: important
- Speed and ease of use: extremely important
The main benefits from using Qlik include faster and more confident decision-making, cost reduction, improved financial performance, reduced risk, and more cross-departmental use of data. They’ve also seen that Qlik enables employees to find new ways to approach business issues.
Vancouver Fire & Rescue Service estimates that they have improved their decision-making agility by > 75% with Qlik.