The business challenges that led the profiled organization to evaluate and ultimately select Mimecast:
- Their primary reason for deploying Mimecast’s Targeted Threat Protection – Internal Email Protect was because Mimecast was much more affordable than Proofpoint.
- In the last 12 months, they confirmed that they have experienced security incidents caused by the actions of careless users who had inappropriately shared via email sensitive data or violated their organization’s security policies.
- In the last 12 months, they confirmed that they have been hit by an attack where malicious activity was spread from one infected user to another employee via email.
The key features and functionalities of Mimecast that the surveyed organization uses:
- Currently has 1-5 personnel whose primary job function is IT security.
- Out of their organization’s overall email traffic, they estimate internally generated email (internal to internal and internal to external) accounts for 26-50%.
- They have encountered threats caused by attackers infiltrating and compromising their users’ email accounts.
The surveyed organization achieved the following results with Mimecast:
- They would strongly agree that they would recommend Mimecast Targeted Threat Protection – Internal Email Protect to their peers.
- Since deploying Mimecast Targeted Threat Protection Internal Email Protect, they have saved approximately 11-20 hours of IT time per month.
- They would strongly disagree that the email security provided by Microsoft Office 365 on its own (whether you are using it or not) is sufficient.