The business challenge that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select Vertica:
- Replaced the following vendors with Vertica:
- Apache Spark
The key features and functionalities of Vertica that the surveyed company uses:
- Implemented the following use cases with Vertica:
- Machine/sensor data analysis (Internet of Things)
- Traditional business tracking (ERP, CRM)
- Communication and network performance analytics
- Manages 6 – 100 TB of data with Vertica software.
- Uses the following Business Intelligence (BI), Visualization, ETL, and/or analytics tools in their environment with Vertica:
- ETL: Hadoop
- ETL: Oracle Data Integrator
- ETL: Talend
The surveyed company achieved the following results with Vertica:
- Benefited from the following Vertica Software capabilities:
- Massive scalability on industry-standard hardware
- Standard SQL interface
- Database Designer and administration tools
- Workload management
- Reduced their Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by 26-50% after using Vertica.
- Improved their query performance by over 50x with Vertica.
- Achieved 51 – 100% return on investment (ROI) as a result of implementing Vertica.