The business challenges that led the Waterloo Regional Police Service to evaluate and ultimately select Magnet AXIOM:
- Staying informed on new and updated apps and artifacts
- Finding and analyzing all relevant data quickly
The Waterloo Regional Police Service uses Magnet Forensics products on almost every case in their digital forensics examinations of computers, smartphones, and tablets.
They rate their experience with Magnet Forensics in the following areas:
- Software ease of use: exceeded their expectations
- Range of artifacts supported: exceeded their expectations
- Software value: exceeded their expectations
They used Magnet AXIOM for an Internet Child Exploitation investigation “Recovery of Skype messages between the suspect and an unknown person arranging to sexually assault a young 9-year old child. We’re still before the court system – but the recovered Skype messages will be crucial to the investigation.”
Rates Magnet Forensics 5 out of 5 stars.
The Waterloo Regional Police Service experienced the following benefits after using Magnet AXIOM:
- Easily recover unknown artifacts or those typically difficult to find
- Combine computer and smartphone examinations into one case
- Pinpoint specific items in large data sets with several dimensions of filtering
- Organize and tag results to identify important evidence and patterns (e.g. Sorting and Bookmarking)
“Magnet AXIOM has done a great job in combining both Mobile and Computer forensics into one interface. As a result, our case backlog has reduced to a more manageable turnaround time of several weeks. Please keep up the great work and continuous updates and added features.”