The IT Department at this educational institution was facing various challenges prior to implementing Cherwell. Their previous solution, BMC Remedy, was inflexible, cumbersome, costly, and provided little support. They needed a solution that was flexible, easy-to-use, cost-efficient, and supportive – one that would help transform service delivery across the university.
- Prior to selecting Cherwell, an educational institution evaluated the following solution(s):
- BMC Remedy
- Team Dynamix
- The educational institution chose Cherwell ITSM for its following key features and functionalities:
- IT Self-Service Portal
- Reporting and Dashboard Capabilities
- Mergeable Applications (mApp Solutions)
- One-Step Workflow Automation
- Trusted Agent
- Codeless Architecture
- Ease of Configuration and Customization
- Concurrent Licensing Model
- Flexible Hosting/Deployment Model
- Relationships and Culture
- Ease of Upgrade
- Price for Value
- Ease of Integration with 3rd-Party Solutions
To-date, the IT Team at this educational institution has achieved the following results with Cherwell ITSM:
- Reduced administrative burden by 25-49%.
- The reduction in administrative burden can be attributed to the following:
- One-Step Automated Workflows to automate common functions
- Codeless Architecture to customize and configure the platform
- Reduced time on configuration and customization by 50-74%.