The business challenges that led the profiled organization to evaluate and ultimately select Cherwell Service Management:
- Used the following methods and resources to meet organizational needs and requirements outside of IT service management prior to implementing Cherwell:
- Homegrown solutions
- Fit-for-purpose / best of breed solutions
- Experienced the following challenges when using alternative resources (email, spreadsheets, open source solutions, etc.) to meet organizational needs and requirements:
- Administrative burdens
- Data silos
- Difficulty tracking and managing issues / requests
The key features and functionalities of Cherwell Service Management that the surveyed organization uses:
- Automates the following workflows with Cherwell:
- Human resources
- Customer service
- Agrees that customizing Cherwell Service Management outside of IT was somewhat easy.
- Agrees that Cherwell Service Management upgrades after customizing are easy.
The surveyed organization achieved the following results with Cherwell Service Management:
- Primary benefits of using Cherwell Service Management to automate processes outside of IT:
- Lowered costs
- Improved visibility
- Improved IT customer satisfaction
- Increased productivity
- Improved interoperability
- Can go to one place for all requests (IT related or not)
- Cherwell Service Management had a marginal ROI impact on automating workflows and processes outside of IT.