The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select Hitachi Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure:
- Had challenges adopting a cloud infrastructure because it was costly to migrate / transform applications for the cloud.
- Executives outside of IT are driving the organization to adopt cloud for the following reason:
- To lower costs to help drive margins and increase profits
- Agrees that the biggest challenge on their journey to adopt cloud infrastructure was that it cost more than expected.
- Agrees that the biggest problem in having users make their own choices for cloud resources is wasted, unused resources.
- Biggest challenges in using a mix of private and public cloud resources:
- Optimizing costs and service levels from disparate providers
- Keeping track of where applications are and maintaining compliance
- Moving applications between development, test, and production
- The complexities of managing multiple cloud and resource types
- Difficulties in anticipating the cost of the next monthly invoice for public cloud services:
- There are too many variations in IT users, application owners, and business sponsors
- There are too many hidden and unexpected charges
- An inability to align services and charges to business functions and application owners
- It is difficult to match application utilization of cloud services with the monthly invoice
The key features and functionalities of Hitachi Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure that the surveyed company uses:
- Cites pay per use consumption, elasticity, and predictable pricing as the most important attribute for their IT environment.
The surveyed company achieved the following results with Hitachi Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure:
- Agrees that delivering outcome-based solutions, SLA’s, and pay per use pricing is the most important attribute for a partner to deliver digital transformation.
- Values the Cloud’s ability to lower costs through better control and transparency.