The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select Hitachi Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure:
- Had challenges adopting a cloud infrastructure because it was difficult to internally agree and define a standard service catalog with a standard set of service levels for each application.
- Executives outside of IT are driving the organization to adopt cloud for the following reasons:
- To achieve a competitive advantage in the marketplace / respond to competitors
- To lower costs to help drive margins and increase profits
- To enter new markets and capitalize on new revenue opportunities faster
- To become a disruptor in their market
- Agrees that the biggest challenge on their journey to adopt cloud infrastructure was that it took longer than expected.
- Agrees that the biggest problem in having users make their own choices for cloud resources is wasted, unused resources.
- Biggest challenge in using a mix of private and public cloud resources:
- Optimizing costs and service levels form disparate providers
- Difficulties in anticipating the cost of the next monthly invoice for public cloud services:
- There are too many variations in IT users, application owners, and business sponsors
- There are too many hidden and unexpected charges
The key features and functionalities of Hitachi Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure that the surveyed company uses:
- Cites automation that delivers agile, repeatable results as the most important attribute for their IT environment.
The surveyed company achieved the following results with Hitachi Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure:
- Agrees that delivering outcome-based solutions, SLA’s, and pay per use pricing is the most important attribute for a partner to deliver digital transformation.
- Values the Cloud’s speed and agility to respond to changes in the business environment.