The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select TestRail:
- Said the following are their top software testing pain points:
- Reporting and tracking defects from discovery to resolution
- Learning about the application under test
- Having adequate time for testing
The key features and functionalities of TestRail that the surveyed company uses:
- Has 2-20 Testers on their team.
- Used Microsoft Test Manager prior to using TestRail by Gurock.
- Integrated TestRail by Gurock with the following issue tracking tools:
- Using the following as test automation tools:
- Custom framework which leverages some Selenium actions, but primarily REST with some SOAP API components. This is triggered via Jenkins/Octopus in our CI/CD model.
The surveyed company achieved the following results with TestRail:
- Seen a 10% – 20% (save 3 – 6 hours per week) increase in productivity since adopting TestRail by Gurock.
- TestRail by Gurock helped solve the top challenges of:
- Documenting test cases and plans
- Producing useful testing reports
- Realized the following benefits with TestRail:
- Received transparent pricing with good value
- Enjoyed the user and team friendly User Interface (UI)
- Agreed it was easy to integrate with 3rd party tools