The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select TestRail:
- Said the following are their top software testing pain points:
- Reporting and tracking defects from discovery to resolution
- Managing the test environment including data, scripts, automation code, etc.
- Learning about the application under test
- Collaborating with other team members: testers, developers, product owners, etc.
The key features and functionalities of TestRail that the surveyed company uses:
- Has 41-60 Testers on their team.
- Used TestLink prior to using TestRail by Gurock.
- Integrated TestRail by Gurock with the following issue tracking tools:
- Using the following as test automation tools:
- Java-based in-house developed framework
The surveyed company achieved the following results with TestRail:
- Seen a 10% – 20% (save 3 – 6 hours per week) increase in productivity since adopting TestRail by Gurock.
- TestRail by Gurock helped solve the top challenges of:
- Documenting test cases and plans
- Tracking the progress of test runs
- Managing exploratory testing sessions
- Accurately estimating the time remaining in a test cycle
- Balancing the testing team’s workload
- Producing useful testing reports
- Analyzing testing trends over time
- Realized the following benefits with TestRail:
- Increased efficiency
- Improved flexibility due to ease of use
- Enjoyed the user and team-friendly User Interface (UI)
- Improved productivity because it was easy to train users