The business challenges that led Teva to evaluate and ultimately select Elsevier PharmaPendium:
- Reduce the number of preclinical studies that are required by citing relevant preclinical studies
- Have more confidence in go/no-go drug development decisions/recommendations
- Improve the speed and success of regulatory submissions
- Uses PharmaPendium weekly.
- Teva has:
- >5 drugs in the pipeline
- A focus on generic drugs
- An involvement in regulatory submissions
- A focus on performing clinical trials on drugs in development
Teva uses the data in PharmaPendium for their work in the following ways:
- To better inform drug candidate selection by looking at comparative preclinical and clinical safety, deliverability and/or efficacy data
- To design better clinical trials that will optimize benefit:risk ratio for their drug candidate
- To better understand safety risks related to drug-drug interactions, off-target effects and/or polypharmacy
- Teva would spend over 50% more time collecting the equivalent information without access to PharmaPendium.
- Survey respondents recommend to continue subscribing to PharmaPendium.