The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select Elsevier Knovel:
- Uses Knovel to solve the following challenges:
- Reduce design and development completion time
- Improve knowledge support and accessibility of reliable data for users in multiple locations
The key features and functionalities of Elsevier Knovel that the surveyed company uses:
- Uses Knovel a few times a month.
The surveyed company achieved the following results with Elsevier Knovel:
- Benefited from Knovel in the following ways:
- Has comprehensive and reliable content
- Is the go-to resource for getting up to speed on unfamiliar topics, technologies and processes
- Is the go-to resource for materials, substance or properties data
- Reports that Knovel has had a 10-25% (noticeable) impact on their ability to develop products and processes that meet EHS and regulatory demands or key customer criteria.
- Minimized operational disruptions caused by process or equipment issues by 10-25% (noticeable improvement) with Knovel.
- Minimized rework or reduced the cycle time between raw material and final product by 10-25% (noticeable improvement) with Knovel.
- Reduced costs in their design and development work (including consultancy fees and internal costs) by 25-40% (definitive improvement) with Knovel.
- Would spend 7-11 hours per month finding and analyzing information for their projects if they no longer had access to Knovel.