The business challenges that led Compliance Discovery Solutions to evaluate and ultimately select Duo Security:
- Difficulty tracking access into the corporate environment
- Enforcing security controls on personal devices
Compliance Discovery Solutions has a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policy where they have privileged users accessing corporate resources on their personal devices. Even though they have a VPN protecting on-premise applications, they need to also secure access to their cloud applications.
- Uses Duo Platform edition for the following in their organization:
- Prevent access from users in foreign countries
- Identify the vulnerable endpoints in their organization for risk assessment
- Create privileged users or groups for access to higher risk applications
- Ensure users are adopting best security practices such as screen lock
- Prevent jailbroken and rooted devices from accessing their organization
- Protect user access to cloud applications
Compliance Discovery Solutions chose Duo Platform for the following reasons:
- It helped solve their concerns with BYOD management
- It helped give them visibility and control over their IT environment
- It’s an easy to use solution that gave them trust and confidence
Duo’s Platform Edition also provided key features that they would have gotten from an MDM (Mobile Device Management) Solution, Vulnerability Assessment, NAC (Network Access Control) Solution, and IAM (Identity and Access Management) vendor.
- Compliance Discovery Solutions loves the fact that Duo Platform edition can help them with:
- Being able to set a custom policy for their users, groups, or applications
- Being able to block or step up authentication based on location
- Managing access to both on-premise and cloud applications
Duo Security has proved to be a good return on investment for Compliance Discovery Solutions as they have seen a payback period in less than 2 months of purchasing Platform Edition.