The business challenges that led the profiled organization to evaluate and ultimately select Siemens Dual Energy:
- Believes that spectral imaging will be a deciding factor in all future CT purchases.
The key features and functionalities of Siemens Dual Energy that the surveyed organization uses:
- When asked how often they scan patients using Dual Energy they said Daily.
- They agreed that dose neutrality, including features like Iterative Reconstruction and dose modulation, are important to the implementation of DE CT.
- Believes it’s important to scan with Dual Energy with the following kinds of patients.
The surveyed organization achieved the following results with Siemens Dual Energy:
- Since using Siemens Dual Energy, they have experienced the following benefits:
- Access to additional information to characterize incidental findings earlier
- Ability to better classify tumors
- Dual Energy has helped improve their clinical operations in the following areas:
- Follow-up scans
- Contrast agent amount
- Radiation from Virtual Non-contrast scans
- Other additional work-up
- Confirmed that automation in Rapid Results improved their workflow by minimizing the need for manual post-processing by the Radiologist or Technologist moderately.
- Agreed that Siemens Dual Energy provides additional information that has helped reduce the need for rescans or additional follow-up exams by 50-75%.
- With the benefit of increased CNR at low keVs provided by Monoenergetic+, they have been able to reduce contrast agent in 50-75% of patients.