Centerstone is a not-for-profit health care organization dedicated to delivering care that changes people’s lives. Centerstone provides mental health care, addiction treatment, and community education in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee.
Centerstone needed to transform its Finance and HR operations by consolidating three disparate payroll systems and streamline business processes that differed across the five states it serves. Before partnering with Collaborative Solutions, Centerstone was struggling with:
- A lengthy monthly close process
- Inefficient manual processes;
- Siloed financial data; and
- Lack of visibility into Key Performance Indicators.
Ultimately, Centerstone chose Workday Financial Management and Workday Human Capital Management including, Benefits, Recruiting, Absence, Time Tracking, and Payroll.
Considerations for Selecting a Deployment Partner
Collaborative Solutions and Centerstone developed a great partnership throughout this project. This partnership was key in completing a successful deployment. Centerstone selected Collaborative Solutions as its deployment partner due to their;
- deep Workday Financial Management experience and
- focus on true business transformation instead of a simple “lift-and-shift.”
Additionally, Centerstone leveraged Collaborative’s Foundation Data Model Readiness Workshop to provide guidance on the best deployment methodology to ensure the organization achieved its key project goals.
The Collaborative Solutions’ Foundation Data Model Readiness Workshop helped Centerstone design a clear framework to guide its Workday configuration, increase their understanding of the power and flexibility of Workday Financial Management, and provide a practical illustration of worktags and reporting in Workday.
The Collaborative team worked closely with Centerstone to design, build, and test all business processes. The Collaborative team spent numerous days onsite in Nashville leading design sessions, supporting conformation sessions, and testing.
With Collaborative Solutions’ expert guidance and deployment methodology, Centerstone shortened its month-end close process by 1-2 days and was able to:
- Reduce manual processes;
- Streamline business processes and improve efficiency;
- Improve visibility with flexible reporting functionality;
- Reduce the complexity of their accounting structure;
- Consolidate disparate systems; and
- Improve the user experience.