The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select Blueprint:
- The importance of the following metrics to the success of projects:
- Release cycle time: Very important
- Development velocity: Very important
- Release cost: Very important
- Business/market alignment: Very important
Their average team works on releases with the following characteristics:
- Average release cycle time is 6-12 months for a high priority release.
- Average development velocity of a release is 6-12 months.
- Average IT budget per release is $1-$5M.
- The typical value of a business case for an average release is $1-$5M.
The key features and functionalities of Blueprint that the surveyed company uses:
- Visual process/solution models
- Reviews and approvals
- Automatic generation of use cases, tests, user stories
- Reuse requirements, regulations, artifacts, etc
- Baselines and collections
- Traceability and impact analysis
The surveyed company achieved the following results with Blueprint:
- Saw the following improvement in these areas since implementing Blueprint:
- Release cycle time: 31%-40%
- Development velocity: 21%-30%
- Number of releases on time/budget: >40%
- Number of business plans achieved: 31%-40%
With Blueprint, their success metrics are now:
- 90-99% of their releases are delivered to meet the planned timeline, scope and budget.
- 90-99% of releases achieve their business case targets within the first 12 months.