This enterprise insurance company was facing an upcoming hardware refresh when they started to evaluate a migration to the cloud. They decided to take this opportunity to downgrade their on-prem footprint while looking to improve agility and accelerate agility with a migration to the cloud.
After doing their testing and research, they said that they chose Google Cloud (over on-prem and/or other options) for the following reasons:
- Makes it easier for us to scale up and down in real-time when needed
- Provides a strong infrastructure for our compute, storage, security, and networking needs
- Offers the tightest partnership, and is committed to understanding our technical goals and business objectives and helping us meet them
- Will be able to help us innovate better and faster
- Direct help with architecting our cloud foundation
For their migration, they decided to migrate a number of types of applications, including:
- Digital experience (e.g., CMS)
- Software creation / developer platforms and tools, dev/test infrastructure, sandboxes, etc.
- Reporting, analytics, IoT, and/or AI/ML
To do their migration, this enterprise opted to fully rewrite their existing applications, such that they took existing apps and rebuilt them from scratch in Google Cloud. To accomplish their goals, they would rely heavily on core Google Cloud solutions, including Google Compute Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine, in addition to multiple database, data warehouse, storage, and networking solutions in the Google Cloud portfolio.
After their migration, they saw improvements within a matter of weeks for:
- Reduced hardware procurement time (improved by 100% or more)
- Accelerated IT / development cycles (improved by 100% or more)
- Enhanced our overall security posture (improved by 1-49%)
- Ability to focus on innovation instead of management and maintenance (improved by 100% or more)
- Reduced IT maintenance labor (improved by 1-49%)