The profiled academic medical center ultimately selected Agiliti for their clinical engineering services in order to address the following business challenges at their hospital:
• Cost of service & repairs/service to acquisition costs
• Equipment uptime
• Matching work levels to staffing levels (employee leave, episodic event)
• PM compliance & reporting
• Technician competency levels – technician skill set
Today, the profiled hospital relies on a hybrid service model that features the following key capabilities:
• Supplemental staffing (hourly or block of time)
• Equipment type contract (complete PM and repair of an equipment type, i.e. beds, infusion pumps)
When asked, the Biomed Director identified the capability of the program to offer flexible coverage (Access to flexible, on-demand FTEs) as a key differentiator from the competition.
The profiled academic medical centers agrees that the capabilities of the hybrid clinical engineering program were highly valuable to the success of their facility, and Agiliti helped them to achieve the following results:
• Improved PM and recall compliance
• Improved equipment uptime
• Achieved better labor allocation
• Improved inventory management
In evaluating the program, the Biomed Director mentioned that the “onboarding and implementation exceeded their expectations compared to similar vendors they have worked with in the past.” Also, as a result of partnering with Agiliti for multiple different solutions, the were able to realize a synergistic benefit across the facility.