The business challenges that led the profiled Australian organization to evaluate and ultimately select HPE SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure:
- Purchased HPE SimpliVity as a result of a capacity purchase / upgrade of existing infrastructure that led to an overall platform review.
- Prior to deploying HPE SimpliVity, they found the management of multiple solutions and vendors to be manageable, but not ideal.
The key features and functionalities of HPE SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure that the surveyed organization uses:
- Uses HPE SimpliVity in the following way:
- Infrastructure modernization / technology refresh
- Runs the following types of applications on HPE SimpliVity:
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SharePoint
The surveyed organization achieved the following results with HPE SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure:
- Realized a capacity savings of 50:1 to 100:1 with HPE SimpliVity.
- Deployed new workloads, including allocating compute and storage resources, and configuring data protection policies, in the following amount of time:
- After HPE SimpliVity: up to 1 day
- Before HPE SimpliVity: 1 day – 1 week
- Realized value in 1 week to 1 month after the deployment of HPE SimpliVity.
- Ranks the value of the following HPE SimpliVity features:
- Global federated management: highly valuable
- Hyperconverged appliance: highly valuable
- VM-centric management via vCenter: extremely valuable
- Inline dedupe, compression: extremely valuable
- Integrated data protection: highly valuable