The business challenges that led the profiled organization to evaluate and ultimately select HPE SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure:
- Purchased SimpliVity as a result of a capacity purchase/upgrade of existing infrastructure that led to an overall platform review.
- Prior to deploying SimpliVity, they found the management of multiple solutions and vendors to be a significant burden.
The key features and functionalities of HPE SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure that the surveyed organization uses:
- Uses SimpliVity in the following ways:
- Data center consolidation/private cloud
- Infrastructure modernization/technology refresh
- Runs the following types of applications on SimpliVity:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Industry-specific application (e.g., 911 system, healthcare application, legal case management, CAD/CAM, etc.)
The surveyed organization achieved the following results with HPE SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure:
- Improved performance by 50% to 75% with HPE SimpliVity.
- Realized a capacity savings of up to 50:1 with HPE SimpliVity.
- Deployed new workloads, including allocating compute and storage resources, and configuring data protection policies, in the following amount of time:
- Before SimpliVity: 1 day – 1 week
- After SimpliVity: up to 1 day
- Realized value in 1 week to 1 month after the deployment of HPE SimpliVity.
- Ranks the value of the following HPE SimpliVity features:
- global federated management: highly valuable
- hyperconverged appliance: highly valuable
- VM-centric management via vCenter: highly valuable
- inline dedupe, compression: highly valuable
- integrated data protection: highly valuable