Founded in 1959, Bober Markey Fedorovich is a top 20 independent CPA and business advisory firm in Ohio with specialized services in accounting, audit, tax, litigation support, valuation, and transaction advisory services for privately held businesses, private equity groups, and SEC companies. The business challenges that led BMF to evaluate and ultimately select HPE HPE SimpliVity include the following:
- Purchased HPE SimpliVity as a result of a capacity purchase / upgrade of existing infrastructure that led to an overall platform review.
- Prior to deploying HPE SimpliVity, they found the management of multiple solutions and vendors to be a significant burden.
The key features and functionalities of HPE SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure that BMF uses:
- Uses HPE SimpliVity in the following ways:
- Data center consolidation / private cloud
- Infrastructure modernization / technology refresh
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Production applications
- Test/Dev and QA
- Runs the following types of applications on HPE SimpliVity:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Industry-specific application (e.g., 911 system, healthcare application, legal case management, CAD/CAM, etc.)
The surveyed company achieved the following results with HPE SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure:
- Improved performance by greater than 75% with HPE SimpliVity.
- Realized a capacity savings of greater than 300:1 with HPE SimpliVity.
- Deployed new workloads, including allocating compute and storage resources, and configuring data protection policies in the following amount of time:
- After HPE SimpliVity: up to 1 day
- Before HPE SimpliVity: 1 day – 1 week
- Realized value in 1 week after the deployment of HPE SimpliVity.
- Ranks the value of the following HPE SimpliVity features:
- Global federated management: extremely valuable
- Hyperconverged appliance: extremely valuable
- Inline dedupe, compression: highly valuable
- Integrated data protection: extremely valuable