The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select HPE SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure:
- Purchased SimpliVity as a result of a data center migration or consolidation initiative.
The key features and functionalities of HPE SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure that the surveyed company uses:
- Uses SimpliVity in the following ways:
- Data center consolidation/private cloud
- Infrastructure modernization/technology refresh
- Remote / Branch Office (ROBO)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Production applications
- Runs the following types of applications on SimpliVity:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- File Servers, Domain Controllers
The surveyed company achieved the following results with HPE SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure:
- Improved performance by 50% to 75% with HPE SimpliVity.
- Realized a capacity savings of 100:1 to 200:1 with HPE SimpliVity.
- Deployed new workloads, including allocating compute and storage resources, and configuring data protection policies, in the following amount of time:
- Before SimpliVity: 1 day – 1 week
- After SimpliVity: up to 1 day
- Realized value in 1 to 3 months after the deployment of SimpliVity.
- Ranks the value of the following SimpliVity features:
- global federated management: highly valuable
- hyperconverged appliance: highly valuable
- VM-centric management via vCenter: extremely valuable
- inline dedupe, compression: extremely valuable
- integrated data protection: extremely valuable