The business challenge that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select HPE SimpliVity:
- Selected HPE SimpliVity because a capacity purchase/upgrade of existing infrastructure led to an overall platform review.
The key features and functionalities of HPE SimpliVity that the surveyed company uses:
- Uses HPE SimpliVity for the following:
- Infrastructure modernization / technology refresh
- Backup, recovery, and disaster recovery
- Runs the following application types on HPE SimpliVity:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Dynamics GP, Remote Desktop Services
The surveyed company achieved the following results with HPE SimpliVity:
- Improved performance by* >75% since deploying HPE SimpliVity.*
- Realized efficiency benefits for capacity savings of 50:1 to 100:1 since deploying HPE SimpliVity.
- Estimates how long it takes to deploy new workloads, including allocating compute and storage resources, and configuring data protection policies:
- Before using HPE SimpliVity: 1 day – 1 week
- After using HPE SimpliVity: up to 1 day
- Saw value within 1 week after the deployment of HPE SimpliVity.
- Rates how valuable the following HPE SimpliVity features were in the selection process:
- Integrated data protection: extremely valuable
- Inline dedupe/compression: extremely valuable
- VM-centric management via vCenter: extremely valuable
- Globally federated management: extremely valuable
- Rates their satisfaction based on their support experience based on how the outcome addressed their business need:
- Support experience with initial deployment delivered by a partner: very satisfied
- Support experience relating to having easy access to knowledgebase, support portal, and forums: satisfied