The business challenges that led the profiled organization to evaluate and ultimately select HPE SimpliVity:
- Selected HPE SimpliVity because a capacity purchase/upgrade of existing infrastructure led to an overall platform review.
The key features and functionalities of HPE SimpliVity that the surveyed organization uses:
- Uses HPE SimpliVity for the following:
- Infrastructure modernization/technology refresh
- Production applications
- Backup, recovery, and disaster recovery
- Runs the following application types on HPE SimpliVity:
- Rates how valuable the following HPE SimpliVity capabilities were in the selection process:
- HPE SimpliVity being a single trusted vendor for global support for their entire stack: extremely valuable
- HPE SimpliVity’s reliability, serviceability, and availability, backed by a comprehensive warranty: extremely valuable
- HPE SimpliVity’s future-proof design: extremely valuable
- HPE SimpliVity’s point next service and support offerings: valuable
The surveyed organization achieved the following results with HPE SimpliVity:
- Improved performance by >75% since deploying HPE SimpliVity.
- Realized efficiency benefits for capacity savings of 50:1 to 100:1 since deploying HPE SimpliVity.
- Estimates how long it takes to deploy new workloads, including allocating compute and storage resources, and configuring data protection policies:
- before using SimpliVity: 1 day – 1 week
- after using SimpliVity: up to 1 day
- Saw value within 1 week after the deployment of HPE SimpliVity.
- Rates how valuable the following HPE SimpliVity features were in the selection process:
- integrated data protection: extremely valuable
- inline dedupe/compression: extremely valuable
- VM-centric management via vCenter: extremely valuable
- hyperconverged infrastructure with HPE ProLiant DL380: extremely valuable
- globally federated management: extremely valuable
- Rates their satisfaction based on their support experience based on how the outcome addressed their business need:
- Support experience with initial deployment delivered by HPE (remote): very satisfied
- Support experience with initial deployment delivered by a partner: very satisfied
- Support experience with software upgrades (hypervisor and/or OmniStack s/w): very satisfied
- Support experience with a majority of cases and incidents with HPE SimpliVity: very satisfied
- Support experience relating to having easy access to knowledgebase, support portal, and forums: very satisfied