The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select HPE SimpliVity:
- Selected HPE SimpliVity because they had a desire to improve IT or application delivery cycle times.
The key features and functionalities of HPE SimpliVity that the surveyed company uses:
- Uses HPE SimpliVity for the following:
- Infrastructure modernization / technology refresh
- Data center consolidation / private cloud
- Production applications
- Data migration
- Test/Dev and QA
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Backup, recovery, and disaster recovery
- Runs the following application types on HPE SimpliVity:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Industry-specific application (911 system, healthcare application, legal case management, CAD/CAM)
- Core insurance application CareTECH, email server, B2B application, Web application, Proxy, Citrix XenApp, Monitoring server, and OpenVPN server.
- Rates how valuable the following HPE SimpliVity capabilities were in the selection process:
- HPE SimpliVity being a single trusted vendor for global support for their entire stack: extremely valuable
- HPE SimpliVity’s reliability, serviceability, and availability, backed by a comprehensive warranty: extremely valuable
- HPE SimpliVity’s future-proof design: extremely valuable
- HPE SimpliVity’s pointnext service and support offerings: extremely valuable
- HPE SimpliVity’s flexible consumption and financing: extremely valuable
The surveyed company achieved the following results with HPE SimpliVity:
- Improved performance by >75% since deploying HPE SimpliVity.
- Realized efficiency benefits for capacity savings of 50:1 to 100:1 since deploying HPE SimpliVity.
- Estimates how long it takes to deploy new workloads, including allocating compute and storage resources, and configuring data protection policies:
- Before using SimpliVity: More than 1 month
- After using SimpliVity: Up to 1 day
- Saw value within 1 week after the deployment of HPE SimpliVity.
- Rates how valuable the following HPE SimpliVity features were in the selection process:
- Integrated data protection: Extremely valuable
- Inline dedupe/compression: Extremely valuable
- VM-centric management via vCenter: Extremely valuable
- Hyper-converged infrastructure with HPE ProLiant DL380: Extremely valuable
- Globally federated management: Extremely valuable