The business challenges that led the profiled company to evaluate and ultimately select HPE SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure:
- Purchased HPE SimpliVity as a result of a data center migration or consolidation initiative.
- Prior to deploying HPE SimpliVity, they found the management of multiple solutions and vendors to be manageable, but not ideal.
The key features and functionalities of HPE SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure that the surveyed company uses:
- Uses SimpliVity in the following ways:
- Data center consolidation / private cloud
- Infrastructure modernization / technology refresh
- Runs the following types of applications on SimpliVity:
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Aeronautical ERP
The surveyed company achieved the following results with HPE SimpliVity Hyperconverged Infrastructure:
- Improved performance by 50% to 75% with HPE SimpliVity.
- Realized a capacity savings of 200:1 to 300:1 with HPE SimpliVity.
- Deployed new workloads, including allocating compute and storage resources, and configuring data protection policies, in the following amount of time:
- After HPE SimpliVity: up to 1 day
- Before HPE SimpliVity: 1 day – 1 week
- Realized value in more than 6 months after the deployment of HPE SimpliVity.
- Ranks the value of the following SimpliVity features:
- Global federated management: highly valuable
- Hyperconverged appliance: highly valuable
- VM-centric management via vCenter: highly valuable
- Inline dedupe, compression: extremely valuable
- Integrated data protection: valuable