Case Study - Government Agency Reduces Desktop TCO by More than 75% with VMware View
- Addressed the following challenges with VMware View:
- Improved security and compliance of desktop environment
- Maintained control and access to data and applications
- Reduced the costs associated with desktop environment management
- Reduced time spent on management, deployment, and provisioning of desktops, mobile devices, and data for end users
- Increased service levels and service quality
- VMware View enables overall cloud strategy in the following ways:
- Building an internal private cloud to host central services
- Leveraging the hybrid cloud for increased business agility
- Leveraging the hybrid cloud for greater mobility of services
- Build/offer community clouds within government.
- Realized a return-on-investment (ROI) of 100%-300%.
- PCoIP Extension Services will allow the following:
- Improve troubleshooting capability and speed issue resolution
- Proactively measure and monitor individual sessions
- View trend analysis of network impact
- PCoIP Optimization Controls will enable the following:
- Improve session scalability on typical WAN links
- Control, design, and improve remote experience quality by use case, user expectation and network requirements
- Increase user density over WAN
- Reduce application latency resulting in better user experience and performance for remote users
- Reduce costs associated with network and upgrade requirements
- Reduced their total cost of ownership (TCO) of desktops by more than 75%.
- Saved on the following costs:
- Helpdesk call volume: 75%-100%
- Overall IT support: 75%-100%
- H/W costs in re-purposing PCs: More than 100%
- Using lower-cost thin clients: 50%-75%
- Desktop provisioning & updates: More than 100%
“VMware View delivers the highest level of cloud infrastructure, IT control, and end-user freedom.”
“VMware View has allowed us to do more with less, and specifically in a time where money is tight, and IT budgets being streched to do more of the day to day tasks. VMware View has allowed our admins to stay focused and allow the workflow processes within View to do their magic, thus making for a more reliable, robust and happier environment.”
TechValidate Survey of a State & Local Government
About This Data
This data was sourced directly from verified users of VMware Horizon by TechValidate.
TechValidate verifies the identity and organizational affiliation of all participants that contribute to published research data, while guaranteeing their anonymity so that they may share information honestly and freely.
Aug 18, 2011
More Research on VMware Horizon
Explore all TechValidate Research